If you are looking for the best At Home Computer Training in Ashford Kent, Canterbury, Maidstone and the surrounding communities of Kennington, Willesborough, Kingsnorth, Brabourne, Sellindge, Charing, Pluckley, Ham Street, Aldington, Mersham, Wye, Hothfield, Goddington, Little Chart, Brook, Egerton, Challock, Shadoxhurst and Hythe consider Flag Computer Repair, your best choice. Affordable Computer Repair Service. Local, mobile service. Industry certified. Free Collection.
How Many Good Battery Habits Do You Really Have?
Batteries are rarely talked about – until they’re drained – then we’ll tell everyone as we beg desperately for a charger, hoping to get enough juice to last the day. The truth is, they’re a miracle of engineering that gets taken for granted when full and cursed when flat. If it feels like your battery is running out faster, you might be right.
But it’s not because of ‘battery memory’ and needing to be cycled (that’s an older battery type called NiMh), it’s because the modern LITHIUM-ION batteries in phones and laptops just simply wear out over time. Fortunately, extending your battery life is easier than you think! Which of the following GOOD battery habits do you have?
- Charge whenever you can: Lithium-ion batteries don’t like being charged all the way up and then drained all the way down. No wonder, it even sounds exhausting. Give them a little charge here and there, and they’ll be happy.
- Leave your laptop plugged in all the time: You can’t over-charge the battery, it will just sit there waiting to be used. The laptop also helps out by cutting the flow of power when the battery registers as fully charged.
- Watch for overheating: If you can, remove your laptop battery while charging, because while it won’t overcharge, it may overheat. You might also consider removing the battery if you’re using your laptop plugged in all the time. Sure, you might lose data if there’s a power outage, but overheating is a far more common occurrence and it’s been proven to degrade battery life considerably. Check your vents are clear with good airflow, and if necessary, help it out with a cooling laptop stand.
- Leave your phone plugged in all night: Just like your laptop, your charger knows to stop when the battery is full. Those chargers do generate heat though, so make sure you have enough airflow around both charger and phone, and never sleep with it under your pillow.
- Charge batteries before storing: If you’re blessed with backup batteries, make sure to give them a half charge before storing. They’ll naturally discharge and age over time, so this gives them a fighting chance to still be viable when you need them.
- Keep your cool: We know to avoid water with our phones, but we’re less careful about exposing it to heat. This includes leaving it in your car all day, placing it on top of your PC, or even in a sunny spot by the window. Wireless and rapid chargers can also be an issue, as the amount of heat they generate will affect your battery.
How did you go? Is keeping your lithium-ion battery happy easier than you thought? Your battery will wear out over time, but you can push that day a few years into the future if you remember to keep it charged and keep it cool.
Having battery issues? I can help! Call me at 07976 151148
I’m sending out FREE computer tips and tricks updates twice a month. This was an example. If you subscribe via THIS LINK I’ll give you a free guide to the “Top Ten Tips for Staying Safe Online” + FREE eBook “Is your Tech dragging you down”
The best way to recover from a compromise, malware or system failure is to have a backup.
Did you know that if you use an SSD drive, most new computers have one installed by default, when you click delete your data is gone forever, immediately!
I can provide a backup service to protect you from losing your photos and documents It will also help to protect you from Ransomware. You will be getting;
- An Industry leading brand
- I will manage and monitor to ensure you are protected.
- I will provide, install and support the backup software
- Free back recovery
- Fully encrypted to protect your data
- An external drive is included (if required)
If you get the backup service as part of my Total Protection Plan, I also offer FREE virus recovery.
Does your current provider offer that? Have you even got a backup? I offer this service from £16 per month. Contact me for more information
I can help with:
Virus Removal and Repair
Computer Monitoring Service
New Device Setup